On April 22, the editors of Mediacorp Canada Inc. named Christie one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for the second consecutive year.
“Christie is honoured to receive this award and it is a reflection of our commitment to the preservation of the environment today and for future generations,” says Gerry Remers, President and CEO of Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc. “We have numerous initiatives in place that are reducing our environmental footprint and will continue to explore new options for recycling and the reduction of waste.”
The environmental initiatives Christie has undertaken include:
· Achieving a greater than 82 per cent waste diversion rate at the Canadian manufacturing facility through effective management of recycle streams including electronic waste and organics (food waste).
· Employing an innovative heat recovery system to recycle heat from its manufacturing processes to heat the facility in the fall, winter, and spring.
· Introducing a new environmental metric showing C02 emissions/standard cost of goods produced as an indicator of the overall efficiency of the company. The metric shows a significant improvement in overall operational and environmental efficiency.
· Solar film on all south facing windows to reduce solar gain in the summer months and reflect heat back inside the plant in the winter.
· A program where employees can purchase local organic food.
· Carpooling and employee environmental awareness programs.
· Successfully registering two manufacturing plants to the internationally recognized environmental standard, ISO 14001.
· Products that are among the highest lumen per watt output efficiency for 3-chip DLP projectors .
· Continuing to introduce energy-efficient products and expand on environmentally friendly, solid state LED illumination technology.
For more information visit www.christiedigital.com.
Photo of Christie President and CEO Gerry Remers in front of display for Christie MicroTiles, one of the company’s many products recognized for their green technology.