LIGHTFAIR International has announced the creation and launch of the LFI IoT & Smart Lighting Forum, a new one-day series of six 60-minute sessions designed to explore the impact of Internet of Things (IoT) and how it relates to smart lighting.
Within the 2016 Conference, which includes 82 courses, the IoT & Smart Lighting Forum will address both the potential and challenges of IoT and whether smart lighting truly extends beyond using connectivity for energy efficiency and maintenance. The Forum takes place on Wednesday, April 27 during LFI 2016 at the San Diego Convention Center.
The Forum sessions cover IoT, smart lighting, controls, adaptive outdoor lighting, personalized environments, IT-based lighting systems, networking technology, sensors and more. Registration for LFI 2016 opens on Feb. 2 and Forum sessions will be available as a package or individually.
The six sessions in the IoT & Smart Lighting Forum are:
- The Next Network: Lighting, Controls and the Internet of Things
- The Evolution of the Outdoor Lighting Market: How Intelligent & Adaptive Lighting Is Driving Modern Lighting Programs & Critical Infrastructure IoT Development
- Is IT Lighting or Is IT Not?
- Lighting as a Global Application and Services Platform
- Illuminated Spaces: Location Based Services That Connect People to Personalized Environments
- Smart Lighting 2.0: Lights with IoT Sensors Enable New Applications and Services
Speakers represent a variety of companies including Acuity Brands, Belleds Technologies, Daintree Networks, Inc., LBNL, NuLEDs, ORAMA, Inc, Philips Lighting, Sensity, Silver Spring Networks and the U.S. General Services Administration.
Visit http://www.lightfair.com/lightfair/V40/index.cvn?id=10447 for additional information about the LIGHTFAIR International 2016 IoT & Smart Lighting Forum.
For more information about LIGHTFAIR International, go to www.lightfair.com.